Business litigation broadly defines the resolution of business disputes using either the court system or proceedings known as mediation or arbitration – Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”). The Firm has represented clients in business litigation matters in Florida’s trial and appellate court, federal courts both within and outside of Florida, and in ADR proceedings.
The Law Offices of Kevin C. Maxwell and Associates is available for consultation as to all such disputes.
A few examples of the types of business litigation matters the firm is experienced to handle include:
- Contract Disputes — claims arising from or relating to the creation and/or breach of an oral or written contract or warranty. These often involve claims for money damages or equitable relief such as specific performance, rescission or an injunction.
- Insurance Disputes — for coverage claims under general liability, property & casualty and business interruption policies.
- Business Torts — business disputes involving claims of fraud, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with a business relationship, unfair competition and trade practices, and protection of trade secrets.
- Collections — enforcement of money judgments, collection on promissory notes and security agreements, and claims to recover monies owed including accounts receivable and/or upon worthless checks.
- Worker’s Compensation - for disputes arising while an employee is injured on the job.
- Social Security Disability Insurance – for disputes arising if you are no longer able to work, and you have no transferable skills to another type of employment.
- Employment Disputes — for disputes arising from an employment or independent contractor relationship.
- Class Actions — representing plaintiffs in class action proceedings in both state and federal courts, involving claims of antitrust violations, products liability and unfair trade practices.