Orlando, Florida Drug Crime Defense Lawyers
If you have been arrested or are under investigation for state or federal drug charges, there are things you need to know:
- State and federal laws provide for aggressive prosecution of drug trafficking, drug possession and other drug related offenses.
- Criminal penalties related to drug charges have become increasingly severe.
- The Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Act of 2000 allows assets to be seized or forfeited for drug offenses.
- The Patriot Act has further impacted the court system’s tolerance for arresting procedures that had previously not been permitted.
You need strong and experienced Orlando drug crime defense lawyers to fight the charges against you.
Call: (407) 849-2949
The Law Offices of Kevin C. Maxwell and Associates has experience representing defendants on all types of drug charges. We defend residents, college students, and tourists charged with drug crimes while visiting Central Florida.
Contact The Law Offices of Kevin C. Maxwell and Associates to schedule a free consultation.
Defense on All Drug Charges
The Law Offices of Kevin C. Maxwell and Associates handle all types of drug-related offenses, including possession, drug trafficking, sale and distribution, manufacturing, cultivation, and importation. We fight charges involving all types of controlled substances, such as club drugs, marijuana, crack, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, meth / methamphetamines, hallucinogens, and Rohypnol. We also defend people charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and manufacturing equipment.
Defense Strategies in Drug Crimes Cases
We examine the facts of your case in great detail. Among the issues we routinely challenge and investigate are:
- The evidence: Is it sufficient to convict?
- The initial contact with law enforcement: Was it legal? Did the police have the right to stop you?
- The arrest: Did the police have probable cause?
- The drugs: Where were they found? Whose drugs were confiscated?
- The prescription: Were the drugs obtained under a valid prescription?
- The location of the drugs: Was it within your ability to reach them?
- The behavior of the police: Was there entrapment?
- Confession: Did the police read you your rights?
NEVER BEEN IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW?
If you are a first-time offender, you may be eligible for a number of programs in which your charges could be dropped by the State or dismissed by the court.
Call or contact The Law Offices of Kevin C. Maxwell and Associates to schedule a free initial consultation. We are available anytime. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express.