Orlando Defense Lawyers
At The Law Offices of Kevin C. Maxwell and Associates, we represent people who get arrested or charged with all types of criminal offenses, including misdemeanors and felonies. Our attorneys handle cases throughout central Florida. Contact us to schedule a consultation with one of our Orlando criminal defense attorneys to discuss your arrest or charge.
If you are arrested and charged with a misdemeanor or felony offense, these are criminal offenses that can also carry potential legal consequences such as jail time and/or probation, as follows:
- first degree misdemeanors are criminal offenses in the State of Florida, and can carry up to a maximum of one year in county jail and $1,000.00 in fines.
- second degree misdemeanors are lesser misdemeanor offenses that carry up to a maximum penalty of sixty (60) days in jail and $500.00 in fines.
These are the maximum penalties for these types of offenses, however, like felony offenses they still have devastating consequences on a person’s ability to maintain a livelihood, develop a career and continue to enjoy the freedom to pursue their goals without a blemish on their record.
Have you been accused of or charged with any of these misdemeanors?
- Possession of marijuana, under twenty (20) grams.
- Domestic Violence or Spousal Abuse
- Assault and battery
- Shoplifting under $300.00
- Petit (petty) theft
- Solicitation for prostitution
- Indecent exposure
- Driving offenses
- DUI / DWI / Drunk Driving
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- First and second time driving with license suspended charges, or with knowledge charges
- Reckless driving
If you have been charged with these misdemeanors, or any other crime, call at (407) 849-2949 or contact us immediately.
Felony offenses are criminal acts that are punishable by life imprisonment, the death penalty, or imprisonment in a state prison for a period of time longer than a year.
Type of Felony
Maximum Potential Prison Term
Maximum Potential Fine
|Capital felony||Death penalty/life in prison|
|Life Felony (after 1995)||Life in prison||$15,000|
|Felony of First Degree||30 years, but in some cases life in prison||$10,000|
|Felony of Second Degree||15 years in prison||$10,000|
|Felony of Third Degree||5 years in prison||$5,000|
In addition, certain repeat offenders can be classified as habitual offenders and face harsher and more severe penalties.
Have you been accused of, arrested for, or charged with any of these felony offenses?
- Drug Trafficking
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Grand Theft
- Worthless Checks/ Bad Checks
- Employee Theft
- Aggravated Battery
If you have been charged with these felonies in the Orlando area, call us at (407) 849-2949 or contact us immediately.